Owning a dog is undoubtedly the wonderful experience and almost all the dog owners would wish to train their dogs with the latest and unique tricks. It has been noticed that many of the dog owners always keep on educating their dogs with inspiring new tricks. For doing it in the better and appropriate way, just try to gather the suggestions made by some experts in the fields as that may help you achieve your goal easily yet quickly. Systematic methods make fun teaching the dogs and the dogs too would lovingly reciprocate to your command and attempts. Given below are simple step-by-step guidelines for 3 common moves such as: play dead, roll over and flip a treat.
Play Dead: This is the pretty old method yet the people love and wonder doing it. It guides the owner like:
- Use some ideal treat while educating the dog to lie down, hold the treat in front of the dog’s nose when he sits down and then move it down to his paws by uttering ‘down’ command while lowering it. Until the dog obeys the command and lies down, repeat the same exercise.
- The next move guides you to teach the dog rolling on his back. Hold the treat in front of his nose in one of your hands and gradually move it to about 8 inches in the clockwise revolution making the dog’s upper body portion including his head rotate same as your hand. Simultaneously push on the upper tummy area of your dog with the other hand while at the most instances the dog will attempt rolling over and try grabbing the treat allowing you to scratch his tummy. This process should be repeated till the dog learns this trick then begin using the snack only in spherical motions.
- The ultimate phase directs the steady evolution from spherical movements to positioning at the dog and utter command like ‘Play dead’. Steadily try to move farther from the dog instead of making spherical movements repeating the same commands every time. Ultimately the dog would roll over dead each time you position treat at him and say ‘Play dead’.
Roll over: After teaching the dog about the Play dead tricks, you can with no trouble make him over for the roll over trick as it is almost similar. The basic difference is only the change in commanding phrase like instead of ‘Play dead’ you have to use ‘Roll over’ and you are to roll the hand instead of positioning it in dog’s front.
Flip a Treat: This trick is very easy and at the same time delighting the dog and the owner as well as the spectators around too.
- Holding below the muzzle of the dog in one of your hands and positioning the treat at the end of dog’s nose with the other hand, steadily move the hands farther while commanding the dog to ‘take it’.
- The treat may perhaps go tossed over the dog’s head during the initial few attempts. Try to catch it before the dog reaches out to it and repeat the method. Ultimately the dog will manage to learn grasping the treat midair only.
- At this very juncture you are required to teach the dog with ‘hold’ and release commands and not to catch the treat. Now position one of your hands below his muzzle and treat at his nose with the other hand then gaze into his eyes commanding him to ‘hold’ in gentle yet positive tone.
Then remove your hand from muzzle commanding him to ‘take’ the treat.