The craze of owning the new puppy at home is gradually increasing in the societies all over the world today. Bringing home the new puppy is of course thrilling experience but at the same time it also demands certain positive response towards the puppy as it has come to you leaving behind its mother and mates. It may be perhaps the gloomy phase of the puppy’s life. Hence what it needs is your utter affection and motherly loving care at least in the initial phase of its life. Such evolution in the puppy’s existence may be made easy and rather joyful following the below given tips:
- It would be ideal if you thoroughly read a good book on the subject before bringing home the cute little loving puppy. You can also access the resources provided on various websites. Do your necessary research before the puppy arrive your home as it may relax you further. Puppies are highly sensitive creatures hence if you are serene and proscribed then the puppy will be more relaxed after coming to your home.
- Another vital duty involves removal of all toxic plants, chemicals, electric cords which attracts the puppy for fun like chewing it, from the place where puppy is planned to be sheltered. Even smaller articles and objects that perhaps your puppy may chew or swallow should be removed or replaced at the safer place.
- Ascertain the good and attractive name for the little cute puppy and start calling it by that name right from the moment of its arrival at your home. Short and sweet names comprising of 4/5 letters are ideal for the puppies like: Tommy or Taffy.
- Neither over-pamper the puppy from the beginning nor offer excessive comforts or tell it to quiet every time when it sobs or hums, as by doing so the puppy will realize that it’s crying would draw your attention faster. Also avoid permitting it to share your bed for sleep from the initial days only.
- It is necessary to take the puppy to the veterinarian within the first week itself by taking along the vaccine records that you have got from the breeder. This would enable the vet to check the puppy for ascertaining the vaccination schedules.
- Provide enough of chew toys to the puppy and ensure that the puppy knows they are acceptable. It should not be allowed to chew shoes or cocks by commanding the negative order.
- Provide the cozy and cute warm shelter place for the puppy where it can rest and feel like its paradise enjoying its stay there.
- Maintain the food course including the brand that the puppy used to have at the breeder’s place. You can commence any new foods in due course simply by mixing it with the usual foods the puppy has.
- Be attentive towards your children’s association with the puppy since they are not scared of each other and make good friends otherwise. The puppy may leap over the child’s limbs and may damage it too accidentally.
- Take the puppy for walk twice daily in the morning and evening tentatively at the same time every day. This would make the puppy socializing very easily and faster. It will be acquainted with the other people, dogs and the worldly noises.
Looking to bring home a new puppy soon? Check out eBay Classifieds to adopt puppies near you.